On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 21:36 -0500, ext Jonathan Greene wrote:
> It would also be nice if we could get (think it's called) OBEX support
> built in so you could bluetooth beam files back and forth between
> phones and computers.  The file manager does a nice job letting you
> browse a bluetooth device (at least my phone) but it's not quite the
> same thing.

OBEX is there already, and File Manager uses it. It's implemented
through the Gnome VFS.
You can use it manually from Xterm like this:

gnomevfs-copy file:///home/user/MyDocs/foo.jpg
obex://[xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx]/folder/foo.jpg

where "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" is the Bluetooth address of the destination
(it must be paired first).

BR; Kimmo