On 2/6/07, Zoran Kolic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 05 February 2007 22:28, Mike Klein wrote:
> 3rd worst problem is no 3G/cellular capability built-in.
Also my wash machine lacks it. I cannot sleep for that reason.

Sarcasm aside, Zoran has a very good point. Putting cellular
capability on the IT would be as appropriate as putting it on a
washing machine. While it would be great to be able to talk to someone
while doing laundry, it is not really the purpose of the machine.

I wouldn't have bought a 770 or a N800 if it had a GSM/3G/Super-duper
next-gen phone built in.

Reasons:
- It would add $100 to the cost
- It would be a purchase that keeps on costing a monthly fee and cost
even more when using it traveling
- I already have a bare-bones cell phone that makes calls just fine
... most people have
- It would tie it to region/plan that would be difficult to transfer out of
- It would tie it to some specific technology that doesn't have the
longevity/compatibility of wifi/BT
- It would consume a great deal more power

I think these ITs make a good break from legacy tech like cellular and
leave that crowded market to other models.