Depending upon device and it's features/quality...I could go either
"dedicated device" route or convergence all-in-one route.

Knock with "all-in-one" devices (like stereos) is you often get crap you
don't want and solution is watered down....valid points.

I thought at one time that my eensy-teensy T68i BT phone was ideal
"conduit" for my PDAs/tablets/etc. for connectivity purposes.

But you know what? I can't deal with a phone the size of a chiclet. I
have "piano" fingers and still can't reliably press those little buttons.

I recently purchased the "Freedom BT mini-keyboard"....big mistake.
Finger ergonomics and keycodes available are pathetic. Holding keyboard
dongle while also holding/balancing N800 will be a trick.

I'm willing to defer my last 2 points for next-gen model...at least
there are workarounds. But fact that N800 won't reliably play most
videos...and at resolution of device...is a big problem for me. Software
and hardware on device s/be in sync w/each other.

The nokia N80 phone supports upnp (as do other models I think)...but
given N800 support for video...I can't imagine N80 being any better.

Phone? PDA? All the same to me...I'm just looking for features.

mike