On 10/18/07, Jonathan Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ogg is not included for codec licensing issues...

Care to expand on this point? Which licensing issues?

(from Xiph's FAQ for Vorbis -- http://www.vorbis.com/faq/#flic)

What licensing applies to the Ogg Vorbis format?

    The Ogg Vorbis specification is in the public domain. It is
completely free for commercial or noncommercial use. That means that
commercial developers may independently write Ogg Vorbis software
which is compatible with the specification for no charge and without
restrictions of any kind. However, the software packages we have
developed are available under various free/open-source software
licenses with varying allowances and restrictions.

What licensing applies to the included Ogg Vorbis software?

    Most (but not all) of our utility software is released under the
terms of the GNU GPL. The libraries and SDKs are released under our
BSD-like license.

    Note that developers are still free to use the specification to
write implementations of Ogg Vorbis licensed under other terms.

--
=Wayne