According to Peter Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Vorbis support would be excellent (as would speex for voip and theora
> for video) but I suspect for Nokia the majority of people that buy the
> Tablets wouldn't know what any of them are let alone probably care.
> Ultimately the continued development of the Internet Tablets, OS 200x
> and maemo by Nokia depends on whether they make money or not so for
> the mainstream wma and aac is probably more of a focus for them.

Oh, sure, I know that. Even I have much higher priority items for Nokia
to get working on, things 3rd parties can't do, like getting proper
Debian upgrades working (flash the ROM, feh!).

> [vorbis/tremor and DSP]
> So when it comes down to it most of the required/hard parts of vorbis
> support (and probably speex to as it too has fixed point DSP
> implementations) are already there. It just needs some smart
> programmers to bolt the required bits together....

Actually, it's already done -- both ogg-support and mogg seem to use the
tremor implementation (although maybe not on the DSP). It's a little
confusing to get working right now (see my ranty review), but a little
cleanup and things will be quite usable.

Regards,
Steve

--
Steve Greenland