On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:15:39PM +0200, Jac Kersing wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> >I could keep my tablet online all the time, of course, but then the
> >battery wouldn't last till the end of the day.
>
> Have you tried?

Yes.

> My N800 is always connected and the battery lasts a couple
> of days. Only when I start hitting the CPU it starts to drain faster.
> Using it 1-2 hours a day reading e-books (fbreader rocks!) it lasts well
> over 3 days.

I probably use it for 3-6 hours a day reading e-books.  It depends on
the day (weekday/weekend) and the book (sometimes I just can't...
stop... reading..., which does results in things happening to my sleep
schedule).  Also, I have this paranoid habit of looking for a charger as
soon as the battery meter drops from 4 bars to 3.

At some point I decided the extra convenience of having an always-on
tablet wasn't worth the occasional inconvenience of having to recharge
sooner.

Marius Gedminas
--
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.