Le vendredi 19 octobre 2007 à 11:32 +0300, Kalle Valo a écrit :
> "ext Marius Gedminas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > You know what the killer feature is?  Automatic wifi connection.  I
> > absolutely hate it when I have to tap the silly little globe, then tap
> > the connect menu item, then wait a few boring seconds for my wifi network
> > to appear, then press ok.  Only then I can ssh into my n800 and use
> > apt-get.
> >
> > I could keep my tablet online all the time, of course, but then the
> > battery wouldn't last till the end of the day.
>
> It should stay online for days, not hours. Something is wrong with
> your setup. I would guess that the AP is somehow broken regards to
> WLAN Power Save Mode. Can you try with some other AP to see if it
> helps? Also make sure that N800 isn't transmitting anything extra, for
> example transmitting a packet every second would kill the battery
> quite quickly.

Just curious : is the n800 really supposed to last "days" when connected
via Wifi (with full WLAN Power Save mode enabled), without any
disconnect timeout and anything doing network access on the wifi link ?

When I check battery applet (which is really great btw), I'm never sure
if the "in use" time is applicable when being idle AND wifi connected.

I know I disable network auto-connect and set disconnect timeout to 5min
because I had bad experience with first IT2007 version (before full WLAN
Power Save mode gconf key were given here). Maybe I should try it
again..

--
Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>