On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 08:02:47PM +0000, Steve Greenland wrote:
> According to Marius Gedminas  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 08:16:51PM +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> > > I am happy that the AM seems to be good enough that some hackers
> > > actually consider using it instead of apt-get
> >
> > You know what the killer feature is?  Automatic wifi connection.  I
> > absolutely hate it when I have to tap the silly little globe, then tap
> > the connect menu item, then wait a few boring seconds for my wifi network
> > to appear, then press ok.  Only then I can ssh into my n800 and use
> > apt-get.
>
> I don't have to do this, and it seems to last several days in standby.

Yes, it's my e-book habit that leaves no battery charge for always-on
wifi.

Also, I used my N800 as a car radio replacement until recently, which
didn't help battery life.

Perhaps it is time to give always-on wifi another try.

Marius Gedminas
--
IBM motto: "If you can't read our assembly language, you must be
borderline dyslexic, and we don't want you to mess with it anyway"