From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kalle Valo
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:54 PM
To: ext Dr. Nicholas Shaw
Cc: maemo-users@maemo.org
Subject: Re: External Monitor with N800

"ext Dr. Nicholas Shaw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My wife would like to display presentations, that reside on the N800,
> directly to a monitor without using another computer (such as what I do
with
> VNC).  In other words, presentation runs on the N800 and output displays
on
> an external monitor.
>
> I believe we had a similar discussion several months back.  Is this
> possible?  The answer was, I believe, no but I want to verify.

You are correct, N810 does not have video output. But there was a
similar question posted to lwn.net and someone suggested to use
USB2VGA for that:

http://lwn.net/Articles/254916/

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddVGAAdapter

It might or might not work. But this would be a hacker project, not
for normal users.

--
Kalle Valo