David Fass wrote:
> Hi again.  Someone here suggested I install OS2007.

    Why install OS07?  Unless you've got specific, life or death OS07
apps that haven't yet be ported to OS08, OS08 has some definite
significant advantages.  There's a significant speed increase, power
seems to last about as long if not longer, the browser works better,
online video (like youtube) actually is at usable speeds.

    If you're a new user, I'd forget O7 and go directly to 08.  There's
enough 08 stuff for a new user that you'll spend a week or more
exploring all that's available, and by then, even more stuff will be
available.

    Plus, you'll eventually need/want to upgrade to OS08, in which case,
you'll have to reinstall all sorts of things at a huge waste of YOUR
time...  Just few thoughts.

    Back to your original question, there's a software install program
that you download on your Windows machine that ports the OS (08 or 07)
over to your n800 after you 'boot' your device with a special set of
keypresses with the USB connection with your Windows unit.  It may be
different with Linux and Macs.  I think you can find the info and
downloads on the tableteer home page, or perhaps just google n800 2007OS
(or 2008OS) and something relevant will probably pop up.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
[EMAIL PROTECTED]