I've been heavily using my 810 since I got it, and have had a few
crashes. Recently, I've noticed that the 810's internal 2G drive is now
readonly.

I've tried reflashing the OS with
RX-44_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin, but it's still coming
up read-only.

I've tried umounting it and running fsck.vfat on it (over ssh), but I
get a malloc error:
Nokia-N810-50-2:~# fsck.vfat  /dev/mmcblk0p1
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
alleged total clusters: 999603
malloc:Input/output error

I'm now trying to rsync off the map folder, since that's the only data
on it that I can't recreate so that I can run mkfs.vfat on it and regain
write access to it. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anywhere with that,
either... I'm getting I/O errors during the rsync.

So I guess my question is this: Is it possible to recreate
the /media/mmc2/map folder if I do a mkfs on the drive?

mike

--
Michael R. Head <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding