On Jan 20, 2008 1:54 PM, Michael R. Head <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've tried reflashing the OS with
> RX-44_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin, but it's still coming
> up read-only.

I wouldn't expect reflashing the firmware to fix a problem on the
internal flash drive. That process does not touch that space. Since
you were experiencing crashes before this happened, it is entirely
possible that your internal flash drive was the cause of the
instability (particularly if you had a virtual memory file on it) and
not the consequence of it.

>So I guess my question is this: Is it possible to recreate
> the /media/mmc2/map folder if I do a mkfs on the drive?

You can remove/change/download the maps from within the Navicore map
application. So it shouldn't be a problem. When I installed OS2008 on
my N800, the maps were not included in the firmware image. It allowed
me to download the maps that I wanted without any issue. It took a
while since they are large files though.

/Mike