On Tuesday 10 November 2009 16:31:47 Tuomas Kulve wrote:
> Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> > An N8x0 in offline mode (idle) consumes much less energy in a night
> > than its minutes-long start up.
>
> Does somebody have any data on this?

Some interesting data:

http://www.slideshare.net/igor_stoppa_nokia/power-management-for-the-nokia-internet-tablets

Also, what is often not discussed is that is seems a reboot affects the power
meter itself (either via some battery chemistry effect or some other
mysterious way) so you can get inconsistent readings - I have theoreticeally
lost ~30% of capacity after a reboot (which is not physically possible
without melting) and on another occasion I ended up with a fuller battery
than I started the reboot with (which is also nothing short of impossible).