Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:

> The issue was (abstract) if a reboot would consume more energy than a
> night-long idle.

As I said - by Matan's equation in the forum post, one
reboot is 16 hours of standby. So at least with wi-fi off, keeping it
idle looks better. I was thinking about testing with wi-fi but my router
cannot keep connection for so long so it would be a bit mor complex than
just keeping it in the drawer.

> you should be able
> to squeeze up to 44 nights out of a charged battery.

I guess with 30 full days I could do 60 nights ;-) But I somehow need to
keep it powered off during daytime. Maybe I could shut it down in the
morning and boot it in the evening to save power ;-)

Frantisek