Romain d'Alverny a écrit :

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:51, nicolas vigier<bo...@mars-attacks.org>  wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
Wasn''t there a license change regarding the Firefox logo in the end
of 2010, that was related to this?

Yes :
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=933

Right, thanks. But that doesn't solve the trademark usage issue,
actually. So the question is still open.

Romain

First of all, for a short period of time Mozilla seemed to require special permission to do _any_ redistribution based on Mozilla source code, a situation which was a response to commercial sites grossly abusing Mozilla software, essentially defrauding end-users in the name of Mozilla. Subsequently they clarified their policy (but forgot to update their site for a while.) (The iceweavel project, created in reaction to this problem, died shortly after Mozilla clarified their policy.)

According to their site, the clarified policy says essentially that
as long as
1) we don't modify the source code (other than applying Mozilla-originated patches, which we can do by updating from their cvs), and
2) we don't charge for the code,
we can redistribute Mozilla products using the name, trademarks and logos.

As far as I know, Mandriva has never modified the source code, other than applying Mozilla security patches. And I don't see us at Mageia wanting to do so either.

In case of doubt, the site asks us to contact them at tradema...@mozilla.com

In the worst case, we'll have to get permission (which is assured in our case).
But I don't think the Mozilla policy requires it.

--
André