Michael Stucki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03.01.04: > Dear Michael,
>> we at freexp.de are setting up Mailman and INN and are trying to get >> the Mail<->News facility to work. We are neither familiar with >> Mailman nor with Python, just being poor old Pascal programmers. ;) > I have successfully set up the same combination at TYPO3s mailing > list server (see http://typo3.org/1252.html). > Sorry I can not really answer your questions, Well, at least a response. :) I was already thinking if my questions were to simple or too complex for the list. Or if it's simply the wrong time to ask such questions. > but I can tell you how I did it. My solution is a bit different to > your attempt. I munge _all_ message IDs the same way. > Visit http://www.mstucki.net/files/misc/mailman/ where I have > uploaded a patch for CookHeaders.py. Done and understood. But this will only work if *no* user will disable the option of receiving own posts to the list. Because if he does so then *no* reply to his own post would be correctly threaded (from his local point of view). > I don't know if this is still neccessary, but you should also check > if you need to run the filter_nnrpd.pl after each NNTP post (see INN > documentation). The direction news=>mail is not the problem, it's mail=>news. I don't know yet what filter_nnrpd.pl exactly does but if I would want to run it, what would I have to do? As I said, Python totally escapes me. To all: I'm really and desperately still waiting for helpful responses to my original mail. Any reply will be highly appreciated. Michael _______________________________________________ Mailman-Developers mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-developers
