On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 20:05 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2007, at 11:06 PM, Terri Oda wrote:
>
> > Since I've largely finished up the coding contract that was eating up
> > a lot of my time, I'm thinking that I'd like to do some coding for
> > fun.  And nothing says fun like trying to fix the Mailman archives! ;)
>
> That would be awesome Terri!  It's an aspect of Mailman that sorely
> needs attention, and you will gain (even more) fame and fortune by
> working on it. :)  I totally support this effort.

A little over a year ago I went on a search to find the best open source
archiver and at that time I came up with Lurker
(http://lurker.sourceforge.net) Since then I believe Lurker has seen a
major new revision. I also believe Lurker is the archiver used by
Debian.

So if you want to leverage existing open source archiving or at least
look at an example of what would be necessary to allow easy easy
external archiving integration with Mailman you might want to look at
Lurker.
--
John Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>