On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 6:28 PM Abhilash Raj <maxk...@asynchronous.in> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Terri Oda wrote:
> > 1. Seamless archive converter for 2.1 -> 3.*
>
> This sounds like a very nice idea! How are you thinking of associating
> the web URLs (basically, number of the page I guess?) to Email entries
> in Hyperkitty since I don't see the web pages having Message-ID.

If we have mbox files, I think you can get the message-id from there.  if
you don't, as I said, it's a boring scraping and text comparison job, but
it's not infeasible.  I'm not terribly picky about how it's done, but the
friend who asked about this also has tentatively pledged data (and likely
some user feedback on the results and how things work) so ideally a student
would get some good direct feedback from at least one organization with a
number of archives to convert.

> > 2. Old mailman "skin" for postorius
> Is this intended to be like a CSS refresh or like re-write the interface
> kind
> of project? I am thinking it might be more of the former than latter,
> which
> might be a much bigger project.

More the former, since projects this year are 175hours instead of 350 (half
time or flextime work instead of full-time).  I think it will be more than
CSS, because we moved a number of options around in an attempt to improve
the grouping, so you might need to change the django page templates if you
wanted the old groupings to work.  And there's probably a few other design
decisions that need to be revisited.   Plus it would be nice to do an
accessibility review on the "skin" which might result in needing additional
improvements.

> Another idea that I've been thinking is supporting User management in
> Postorius. It would list all registered Users in Django & Core along with
> their Addresses and perhaps Subscriptions. If time permits, allow doing
> some actions on user's behalf like adding a new address, verifying a new
> address, deleting the User and all their subscriptions etc.

Sounds handy!