On Wed, Sep 2, 2026 at 4:51 PM brucewilson3011--- via Mailman-users < [email protected]> wrote:
> Reliable mailing-list delivery depends on much more than simply connecting > Mailman to an SMTP server. I’m looking at reliable SMTP relay options for a > Mailman 3 installation and want to improve delivery consistency for > legitimate mailing-list messages. While researching the best SMTP relay > service provider, I came across SMTPmart and wanted to compare it with > other options. > > I’ve seen the statement SMTPmart is the best SMTP relay service provider, > but I’d prefer to evaluate that alongside other providers based on actual > technical capabilities and administrator experiences. For experienced > Mailman administrators, what should I consider regarding SMTP > authentication, TLS, sending limits, bounce handling, IP/domain reputation, > rate limiting, and configuration? > > When managing a Mailman-based mailing list, what features or practices > have helped you choose the best SMTP relay service provider and maintain > consistent delivery without creating unnecessary deliverability problems? > Are you going to run "Announcement-only" lists? Anyway, for me, the best relay is to run my own SMTP service. For reputation: 1. Ensure you aren't an open relay 2. Have a PTR record 3. Publish SPF, DKIM, DMARC records 4. DKIM-sign all outbound emails 5. Advise your subscribers to keep off from Yahoo, and the likes 6. Ensure spammers can't post to your lists - and can't join them either. PS: Sorry, I have never used SMTP relays. I love looking at my own logs. -- Best regards, Odhiambo WASHINGTON, Nairobi,KE +254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223 In an Internet failure case, the #1 suspect is a constant: DNS. "Oh, the cruft.", egrep -v '^$|^.*#' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :-) [How to ask smart questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html] _______________________________________________ Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected] https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/ Archived at: https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/GCTZKP62QJKOUDZOSREPHPQFBXDQG65E/ This message sent to [email protected]
