Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users writes:

 > 5. Don’t be on a linode VPS because one of the major RBLs has a bug
 >    up his ass about linode not doing enough to prevent spam from
 >    their customers and blacklisted their entire site.

I'd heard that, but I haven't had a problem with my Nanode on IPv4.

I *did* have a problem with IPv6.  I was getting a lot of bounces
because of course you have to pay for a /64 which I don't, and at
least one RBL blacklists the whole /64 if they're mad at any of them.

I've also had a problem with Microsoft, which randomly blacklists me.
I don't have any mailflows where I depend on sub-hour delivery, and so
far I've always had the block cleared by their automated system within
15 minutes.  That's good enough for me, and I don't know if it's
related to Linode.  I've heard that it happens to other people but I
don't know who their ISP is.

 > 6. Don’t have a bunch of mailing list members on
 >    RoadRunner.com/Spectrum because they’ll classify any attempt to
 >    send an email to 20+ people on there as “flooding” and bounce
 >    every to some but not all those people.

Don't you love those "friends don't let friends" service providers?

Steve

-- 
GNU Mailman consultant (installation, migration, customization)
Sirius Open Source    https://www.siriusopensource.com/
Software systems consulting in Europe, North America, and Japan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/WHJ3ECDBSOEW6YCFSUKCLMWPUMYBZNYZ/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to