Paul Tomblin wrote:

>And so one thing i'm looking at
>would be a way to send an announcement to all the lists on my server.   I
>understand that you can send mail to a list with an x-approved with the
>list password, but can you do the same with the admin password?

If by admin password, you mean the site password, then No.

You can include an Approve: or Approved: (not X-Approved:) header with
either the list admin or list moderator password to get the message
unconditionally accepted. You cannot use the site password for this.
This is intentional to discourage sending the site password in the
clear in email.

You can also include an Urgent: header with the list admin or list
moderator password to cause the message to be sent to all list
members, digest and regular, without regard for nodups, not metoo,
disabled delivery or topics. The message will still appear in the
digest and will still be subject to holds unless Approved: is also
included,

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,