On 5/29/08 11:37 PM, Jim Popovitch at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:18 AM, David Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Hmmm. I must be missing something, as the system is still associating each
>> Message-ID with all 250 list subscribers.
>
> VERP has nothing to do with Message-ID, and everything to do with
> Return-Path and Sender:   ;-)

With VERP and personalization, the Return-Path, instead of being
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" becomes
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

I think you said you're using Postfix in which case you need
"recipient_delimiter = +" in your main.cf so it knows about the plus signs
in the return paths.

When you then get the AOL TOS e-mail, you can figure out who the list
recipient was as while AOL redacts the AOL recipient, they don't touch the
Return-Path.

As you have observed, the original message-ID is still preserved.

--
Larry Stone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]