From: Mailman-Users
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+apadmaraju=guidewire....@python.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Sapiro
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 6:36 PM
To: mailman-users@python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Checking the Database

On 09/19/2016 11:29 AM, Anilkumar Padmaraju wrote:

> As per the link
> https://pythonhosted.org/mailman/src/mailman/docs/DATABASE.html our
> mailman server does not have file /etc/mailman.cfg

This document describes Mailman 3.

> On our mailman server dir is under /usr/local/mailman and has below dirs.
> archives  cron   lists  mail      pythonlib  spam       unsubscribes.log
> bin       data   locks  Mailman   qfiles     templates
> cgi-bin   icons  logs   messages  scripts    tests
>
> The mailman.cfg is not in that dir as well.  Is there any other file I need
> to check to see which database it is using.

Your installation is Mailman 2.1. Mailman 2.1, at least as distributed, does
not use a database. All persistent data for a list is in a Python pickle at
lists/LISTNAME/config.pck.

There are 3rd party add-ons to use LDAP or MySQL for membership data, but you
almost certainly aren'tusing either of those.