From: Mark Sapiro [mailto:m...@msapiro.net]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 9:52 PM
To: Anilkumar Padmaraju <apadmar...@guidewire.com>; mailman-users@python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Checking the Database

On 09/19/2016 06:58 PM, Anilkumar Padmaraju wrote:

> The mails are archived under /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/<listname>/.
> Under that directory there is database directory containing files like below.
>  How that is related to lists/LISTNAME/config.pck or any advice on moving
> this database files to that new application.
> 2016-September-article
> 2016-September-author
> 2016-September-date
> 2016-September-subject
> 2016-September-thread

The archives a separate thing. The important things are

lists/LISTNAME/config.pck which has all the list configuration and membership
info.

archives/private/LISTNAME/* which is the pipermail archives for the list

archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox which is a cumulative mbox
containing all archived posts and which can be used to rebuild the pipermail
archive.

For info on moving lists and archives, see <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030682>
and <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030681>.