Benny et al.,

I have two Gmail accounts (call them A and B). B is set to forward all mail to A. Most of the time, I reply to all incoming messages using account A. However, I occasionally want to be able to reply to a message sent to B using the B account (*from* address), so I need to have MailMate connected to B, as well as A. But I don’t want to see B messages in my MM inbox or other incoming mail folders, since doing so means that I’m seeing duplicate messages (the original copy in account B and the forwarded copy in the account A inbox).

My question is, what’s the best way to achieve this? I see two options (though there may be more).

1. In MM, edit subscriptions for B to remove (uncheck) **All Mail** and **INBOX** (optionally leaving **Drafts**, **Sent Mail**, **Spam**, and **Trash** checked) 2. In MM Account Settings for B, remove the IMAP Server information/credentials and leave the SMTP Server credentials. (I haven’t tried this so am not sure it would even work.)

My hunch is that option 1 is the way to go. I’ll add that I tried implementing option 1 several times, and MailMate crashed every time when I clicked the **Apply** button in the IMAP Account Settings dialog. I eventually discovered that I could unsubscribe from **INBOX** without causing a crash but not **All Mail**. I finally got it to work (I think) by opening the **Edit Subscriptions…** dialog and unchecking **All Mail**, clicking **OK**, and then taking MailMate offline (i.e., disconnecting my ethernet cable) before clicking the **Apply** button in the IMAP Account Settings dialog. I think I then quit MM before reconnecting the ethernet cable, restarting MM, and syncing my accounts. This time, MM didn’t crash, and both **INBOX** and **All Mail** are still unsubscribed.

Thank you,

/topher