Florian Heidenreich wrote (at 7:44 on 31 Jan 2019):

I’m a software developer and I often get emails from users describing feature requests or support issues. Some emails I can answer right away, others involve a little bit more work. Some others even cover issues that are not common to one person only, but mentioned by several people.

I keep a local system where I keep track of the emails regarding a specific topic that requires some action. I can give a descriptive title or some additional personal notes. Most of the time, it’s developing a new feature or resolving an issue and having the linked emails both as a references to the request/issue and a way to follow-up on those things once they’re resolved.

Maybe it’s a use case that’s very specific to me, but maybe not. I like that I don’t need to copy email contents or addresses and have a direct link into my mailbox.

Kind regards
— Florian

That makes perfect sense. Thanks, Florian.