Without DMARC, DKIM is anti-modification, not anti-spoofing.  DKIM is there to
say that a message has not been modified from the time that the DKIM header was
added until it was authenticated by the recipient.  It doesn't need to match
the from address (think yahoo, gmail, Hotmail, etc that send outbound mail for
thousands of domains), just as hostnames in your SPF record are not limited to
the "from" domain.

Once DMARC comes into the picture then the domain owner can enforce the use of
only an authorized dkim signing key for the domain, which functionally works as
anti-spoofing, but there is no requirement for from domain alignment there
either (once again, think yahoo, etc).

--adam