> I personally think that ESP's should make an effort to carefully separate
> their confirmed double opt-in mailings, from single opt-in mailers..

We have a lot of ESPs as customers of our email reputation certification
service, and we *always* urge them to segregate their IPs by opt-in level (and
also to assign customers their own IPs, whenever possible).  The bigger ESPs
get this, and many of them do - others do a sort of graduated "new customers
start in the low end, and then move up over time as they prove themselves"
thing, but all of them do something to make sure their customers who are
adhering to best practices are on IPs with good reputations.

(And, thank you for referencing our white paper! :~) )

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
CEO/President,
SuretyMail Email Reputation and Inbox Deliverability Certification Program
http://www.SuretyMail.com/
http://www.SuretyMail.eu/

"Email marketing is the one place where it's better to ask permission than
forgiveness." - Me

Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Member, California Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Colorado Cybersecurity Consortium
Member, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop Committee
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop