On 1/13/2017 6:51 AM, Mark E. Jeftovic wrote:
We just developed a new internal RBL monitor and a couple hosts we were testing
with showed hits on invaluement but when we went to the website or checked by
hand it showed no listing

You're doing it wrong. Your queries were unauthorized so they were either not answered, or they were ALL answered as "listed" (depending on how you did it). Why? Because this is a commercial blacklist and only subscribers have access.

Also, I prefer that RBL monitor access be done via RSYNC rather than direct queries. And starting about 2 months ago, I significantly lowered the cost of RBL monitoring to either $100/year or $200/year - depending on if your monitoring is for profit or is a free service. (pricing for this TYPE of access has never been published - and was previously $1k/year). Basically, I'm trying to provide RBL monitoring services with nearly free access - only charging enough to cover my bare bones hosting/bandwidth costs - and charging at least a small fee keeps charlatans away!

Let me know off-list if you're interested. If not, please don't try to use it with unauthorized queries as those will either not get answered - or (in extreme situations) they ALL will get answered with a "listed" answer.

When I asked my developer about it he said "invaluement is a defunct list so useful
for testing"

Commercial blacklists always have a much smaller market share than the so-called "free" lists. But this "defunct list" statement is extremely inaccurate. We've doubled our number of customers in just the past 18 months (all via "word of mouth" - I'm not very good at marketing!). Our subscribers include 3 technology-oriented companies found in the Fortune 100. Our ivmURI list in on-par with SURBL, URIBL, and DBL - at least, when used to block spams based on domains in the body of the message. And our SIP and SIP24 lists, used together as a team, block more spam that SpamHaus's Zen list misses... than any other blacklist in existence, unless that other blacklist has significantly more FPs. (I'll stop here before I get accused of spamming the MailOp list! But I felt the need to respond to a negative untruthful statement about invaluement, even if not intended to be malicious.)

--
Rob McEwen
http://www.invaluement.com