On 15/2/2017 19:06, Al Iverson wrote:
Yes, that is what most of us who are paid to send email do. Email
Service Providers (ESPs) help their clients monitor this sort of
thing, by signing up for SNDS, using seedlist testing from companies
like Return Path and 250OK, monitor for blacklistings, and so forth.

Just because you provide that service doesn't mean most people can afford it or should in fact be forced to use it. Your argument sounds like "if you can't pay guys like me, you shouldn't be sending mail". And that's, at the very least, elitist, IMHO.

If I'm running a list for an e-shop with 5000 recipients I can possibly afford you. If I'm a local e-shop with 50-100 people on a list, I won't. And I argue it sucks that I'd be forced to. Also, if I don't deliver to e.g. 10 of my recipients that's 10% of my list.

Small scale servers and cloud providers are flourishing for a reason: they provide a service that is needed and they're actually helping small businesses get off the ground. If you have to pay the equivalent of protection money to send email, that is most definitely a sad state of affairs.

--GM