It's good practice to read the standard before implementing it.

For permerror, 550 with 5.5.2 status code must be used, it's RFC 7208
requirement for one, who decides to block delivery based on SPF error.
451 with 4.4.3 status code should only be used for temperror, such as
DNS timeout . Using 4xx for permerror is not good for sender, because he
will not be aware e-mail is not delivered before some timeout and there
is little chance for administrator to notice the problem in reasonable
time. For temperror 4xx is used, because there is a high chance the
problem is general (e.g. connectivity issues) and will be resolved.

--
Vladimir Dubrovin
@Mail.Ru