Hi

I made mixed experience with CSA.

Their 'complaints' team does react quickly on complaints and also
document the number of complaints they receive per CSA Member.

But by 'reacting' they just acknowledge the complaints and document the
complaint. Not much more happens to make the problem stop.

A big known spamer in germany managed to become CSA member a couple of
years ago.

Well the CSA complaints count for this member skyrocketed. But it took
more than two years for the CSA to finally get rid of that member. (Or
more precisely, tell to get the ESP that was more or less in possession
of the spamer, that they would loose their membership if they would
continue their business with this particular customer)

And as I now browse the 'members' list of CSA I can find at least one
company that keeps being involved in sending spam (from the same
customer mentioned above who then changed ESP) to email address that
were harvested or obtained in a similar manner, but for sure not by
double opt-in.

So from the view-point of an ISP mail platform spamfilter operator, I am
neutral. I don't score them negative nor positive at the moment.

Scoring them for spam could impact a lot of legitimate email from
serious members who paid to have their email less likely flagged as
spam.

Unfortunately the handfull of abusers who have become CSA members also
prevent me from scoring them as ham.

But I find it's a bit questionable if they ask for money from their
members with the promise that their emails will less likely be tagged
as spam. This is not the case, here in Switzerland at least as I
believe.

-BenoƮt Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden