In article
<am6pr0602mb38148de1bb5457969994cbd6b4...@am6pr0602mb3814.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
 you write:
>Hello,
>
>I see delays in connections to @rambler.ru, with 20 seconds between the
>connection and ">>> 220 resmtp1.mail.rambler.ru Ok"
>
>I guess I'm not the only one, but I don't know if it's the same for everyone,
>or if there are "reasons" for that to happen in some conditions.
>
>Do you folks witness the same behavior?

I tried it and I see similar delays:

Complicated theory: it's an anti-spam trick known as early talker.
Spamware tends to blast stuff out as soon as it connects, so if you
delay the banner message and the client sends HELO/EHLO before you've
sent the banner, you know it's a someone you don't want to hear from.

Simple theory: there are similar delays after EHLO and MAIL FROM, so
they seem to be severly overloaded.  Don't take it personally. That's
why your mail server can do a zillion connections at once.

R's,
John