From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> On Behalf Of Andris Reinman
Sent: Monday, 9 April, 2018 16:10
To: Dan Malm <d...@one.com>
Cc: mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Subject: Re: [mailop] Rambler.ru 20 seconds connection delay

Hi,
On our case I think we have always had a 20 sec delay between *every* SMTP
command when sending to Rambler, so every message takes at least 60 seconds to
deliver. Haven't been a problem, even though messages to Rambler might pile up
temporarily if there's lot of trafic to this destination. Not enough traffic
that anyone would complain, enough for us to notice.
Regards,
Andris Reinman
Zone Media LLC
https://www.zone.ee/en/

On 04/09/2018 04:23 AM, John Levine wrote:
> Simple theory: there are similar delays after EHLO and MAIL FROM, so
> they seem to be severly overloaded.  Don't take it personally. That's
> why your mail server can do a zillion connections at once.

As I saw a bunch of joomla sites with unprotected (or poorly protected)
account registration pages being abused to try and bomb
rambler.ru<http://rambler.ru>
addresses this morning this theory sounds valid...

--
BR/Mvh. Dan Malm, Systems Engineer, One.com