On 8/14/19 11:09, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop wrote:
Something has changed in the past several weeks so that email from Mailop now
comes:

From: <mailop@mailop.org>
To: mailop@mailop.org

Whereas before the change the email would come:

From: Anne Mitchell <amitch...@isipp.com>
To: mailop@mailop.org

..making triage, etc., of reading Mailop mail more onerous now, as one has to
actually open each email, and scan for a signature - and if there is no
signature then one has to actually read the reply-to headers, to figure out who
something is from.

It looks like the change was made on April 27 of this year.

Previously it was From: Poster's Name <pos...@example.com>

Now it's From:  Poster's Name via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>

I suspect it was done due to DMARC breaking discussion-based mailing lists. We've had to tweak our mailing lists similarly because of this.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880