On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Andy Smith wrote:
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:09:10PM -0600, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop
wrote:

Something has changed in the past several weeks so that email from Mailop now
comes:

From: <mailop@mailop.org>

..making triage, etc., of reading Mailop mail more onerous now,

I don't really get how it's harder to see the mail's source

When I read "triage" i thought filtering. Rules that used to be "if From ..." must now all be augmented with or changed to "if Reply-To ..." if the MUA can even filter on that header. Lists used to use Reply-To to direct responses to the list and some MUAs expect(ed) that, which is now reversed making it more likely to direct responses off-list.

Visually I expect it is similar for cases where addresses are known better than friendly names, making the habit to look at From having to be revised to look at Reply-To, which may not normally be displayed and even difficult to pick out especially with some providers prepending a huge number of headers to every message.

Don't expect better Anne -- perhaps a way can be found for your MUA to help you, e.g., display Repl-To if not already shown (it really should be) perhaps even color it differently.

/mark