On 3/24/2020 6:36 AM, Steve Freegard via mailop wrote:
Rob should have done the same

Steve,

The last time I even mentioned "invaluement" at MailOp - and it was an on-topic post - I got very harshly criticized for allegedly being too promotional and spammy. Someone had complained about a spam not being blocked by any of the blacklists, and I mentioned that invaluement had the particular domain or IP already-blacklisted for a while at that point. Maybe I was being too self-promoting? But I felt like the take-town was rather unprofessional and nasty.... way over the top. I was disappointed that there was no pushback on that. I can take criticism, but it ought to be professional and not mean-spirited. In contrast, the criticism of your posts in this thread has been very very tame by comparison. But hopefully this will explain for you how/why I trying hard to NOT mention "invaluement" unless absolutely necessary. So hopefully you'll understand now why I didn't do that "disclaimer" that you think I should have done.

I guess people don't take too kindly if/when anti-spam blacklists services engage in even the slightest spammy behavior? For this reason, I wouldn't ever even consider doing anything that involves sending unsolicited bulk email, even if there was an altruistic angle to it. But maybe I'm too cautious?

--
Rob McEwen, CEO of invaluement