Am Donnerstag, den 27.08.2020, 09:02 +0200 schrieb Renaud Allard via
mailop:

> On 8/27/20 8:24 AM, Felix Zielcke via mailop wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 26.08.2020, 21:06 +0200 schrieb ml+mailop--- via
> > mailop:
> > >
> > > Sorry for a stupid question: What is "the imprint"?
> > > Does that mean you have to operate a web server with an
> > > "Impressum"
> > > (I guess that's the German word?) if you want to send mail?
> > >

> > Yes I mean the german word "Impressum"
> >
> > T-Online (or Deutsche Telekom) require that somewhere on your
> > domain is
> > your address visible. Even if you don't have a web page at all. And
> > just use the domain for sending mails.
> >

> Does this mean that if you send a mail for "u...@domain.com" from
> the
> server "mail.example.com" with a correct FCrDNS, it will be denied
> because domains don't match?
> If yes, this is the most stupid idea ever, as this cannot work for
> shared mail hosting. Or maybe they have done exceptions for things
> like
> o365 or gmail servers.

No.
Deutsche Telekom uses a whitelist which IPs can send mails to @t-
online.de accounts. They block every IP by default.

So if you got some cloud vm with a new IP address, which never before
sent mail to a @t-online.de address, mails will be rejected.
You need to write their postmasters so it gets added to their
whitelist. And for this process you need to have a small web page with
your personal address listed if your server is run privately.