On 26/8/2020 20:36, flo via mailop wrote:
I prefer not to put my private address unprotected on the internet.

Well duh.

Not everyone is a business with already-public information. I run my own server and host some domains on that. What assurances do I have that my personal information is protected by T-Mobile / DT after I send it to them? Why should I be forced to make this information public on a website? What's the point if I can just take it down the next day?

When I had a whois record for my IP range with information and it was public, I was not happy but at least it made some sense. Now that WHOIS is considered a privacy leak, DT's scheme makes even less sense.

My guess is they're just throwing cheap labor at a problem instead of actually thinking it through. I guess an army of interns is better on the finances than actual spam fighting experts and scalable infrastructure.

Also, this is another walled garden and I can't believe their business customers (if the same method is used on them) would stay with them long.

--GM