Alternately, cloud providers could block port 25 outbound by default, requiring
new instances/owners to perform some action to be allowed to use port 25.  Some
VPN and Tunnel providers do that now.  Really depends where you want to place
the burden.

I feel like I've seen an RBL operator or two including categorizations for
Cloud IP space to help MBPs have more information to make decisions.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy