Its a little different running a hobby mail server. vs being responsible for
say an ISP with 100,000's of end users.

And while technically, there isnt' many old computers that dont' support Let's
Encrypt any more, nothing is free.. eg I heard it's estimated that Gmail makes
between $2 and $3 dollars for each 'free' gmail account.  I prefer to think
that the company I pay $$ to for a cert, makes enough they don't have to sell
our data.  Remember, each lookup against Let's Encrypt shares information, that
can be resold.

How does that saying go, about free?

Some companies worry about sharing customer behavior patterns.

On 16 Oct 2021 02:41:37 -0000
John Levine via mailop  wrote:
> According to Michael Peddemors via mailop :
>>Put everything under mail.yourdomain.com
>>
>>Unless you have some strange firewall rule requirements, there is no
>>real technical advantage, and some real technical disadvantages..
>>(including paying for multiple certs)
>
> Who pays for certs these days?  I have over 100 for my MTA, all free
> from Let's Encrypt.
>
> R's,
> John
>

> --