On 03/06/2022 11:13, Carlota Iglesias Martinez via mailop wrote:
I have managed to find that “Herustics” refers that they are coming from a financial institution and ‘SpoofedDomain’ means that they contain hyperlinks that are not known to be associated with the organization and may be phishing attempt. I can’t find any suspicious links on the email content.

I think you have to remember that without dmarc, it is very easy to send email from bongosbank.com with links pointing to a scam site.   And people click these links, because they come from a trusted source :)    (People even forward these scam emails to their PAs and say `can you sort this for me?`)

So at work we run clamav  with the securiteinfo.com extra signatures.  And rspamd.

And financial companies (our banks) give us the most trouble. PDFs with javascript. Wordocs with weird macros.   Emails with links that point to really crazy domains.  All usually something to just print, fill in and send back in snail mail.

And second of all, the banks are most upset when they get a call back saying `We didn't get your email`, `oh, I checked with IT and what you are emailing definitely looks like a virus`.  It's always our fault and they are always very defensive.  And we end up whitelisting them because otherwise we can't operate because we need flowing money, thus opening the door to real scammers.

Yet the banks are emailing us every week saying `watch out for phishing attempts`.  I'd counter that they just need to make their IT more plain and simple with way less tracking, which would benefit security.

And this is before we get onto:

10 different marketing click tracking, pop up loading, lots of javascript from 8 different domains/CDNs in a simple website.

Tim