On 10/20/22 9:53 PM, Jyri J. Virkki via mailop wrote:
None of the three analogies is really comparable (phone call, postal
mail, taxi) because in each case the person doing the rejecting is the
intended recipient. Who certainly has the moral right to reject.

All three scenarios can be extended in effectively the same way that you did:

- phone call - you make outgoing calls, but return calls are routed to a switchboard / screened. - postal mail - inbound postal mail passes through a mail room that screens.
 - tax - door man exactly as you outline.

Try this: You live in an apartment and invite a friend over for dinner
(message sent by you and received by your friend).  They take the taxi
over to your place and arrive (response email IP packet reaches
t-online). But, your building has a cantankerous doorman who doesn't
like how your friend looks and slams the door in their face. The
doorman doesn't check whether you wanted this visitor and doesn't even
tell you what they just did. So, you sit in your apartment all night
waiting and wondering why the friend isn't arriving but you will never
know.

I believe that building owners should have the ability to post a doorman to do exactly that.

I would certainly have a well known and clearly published policy explaining this to tenants. -- If $SOMETHING is not done, non-tenants don't get in. Where $SOMETHING is tantamount to a guest pass.

I see exactly this type of behavior in multiple buildings.

I've seen /automated/ forms of this via alarm / access control systems. If you don't have a badge or an access code you don't get in.

This type of security is often referred to as "gated communities".

That's a good analogy for t-online. Both the sender and recipient are
innocent victims of t-online's oddball behavior.

If the pizza delivery driver doesn't have a gate code, then they don't get into the gated community.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die