I'd like to add a +1 to this for clarification, but in my case I'm focused solely on SRS. Will Hotmail reject DMARC failures based on From headers or envelope senders? I mean, Gmail already rejects a lot of DMARC failures based on From headers (I assume, since rewriting envelope sender doesn't seem to consistently change the result), so there's plenty of precedent for it and most people aren't really going to blame anyone for doing what Gmail does. But it sure is nice if our users can see the same behavior when forwarding as they have until now.

On 2023-03-22 16:52, Sebastian Nielsen via mailop wrote:
I think forwarders and mailing lists should start rewriting From:
instead to a adress for which they are authorative, or encapsulate the
list message in a new rfc822 container, where the inner container is
the email unmodified, and the outer container is From: replaced with
the list or forwarding adress, To: replaced with forwarding final
destination, and Subject: replaced with "Fwd: [Original subject]".

That should make it DMARC safe, even with strict alignment enabled.