Hi all!

Hope you are well. I was wondering what else I may be missing when
researching a Gmail/Workspace placement issue. I have a client that
rebranded with a new domain about 4 months ago (maybe it's 5 now) and from
day 1 hit the spam folder. Their IP looks to have changed as well (but
using the same provider). They do not send bulk mail and only send 1:1
emails to their customers.

I've checked sites for reputation/malicious activity. I checked as many
places as I could for the IP (yes there are other brands associated with
it, so that could be the reason), but that all came back looking fine. I am
unable to see how the SMTP conversation goes to tell if there is an issue
there. I filed tickets with Gmail through their bulk sender form, but not
sure if that really applies since they aren't a bulk sender.

Once you engage, the mail will stay in the inbox or if you pull from spam,
but anyone new (with a communication from that domain/IP combo) will go to
spam. They don't have volume to push to show engagement (again, these are
customers reaching out to them through a contact form and they are
responding via their email, etc.) Google Workspace doesn't give much
information when you go to the quarantine folder.

Domain itself seems fine as it works without issues from another service.
So this very well could be an IP that is sus or they are doing something
funky with their emails when they are connecting, or maybe there is
something else compromised or poorly set up that I just can't see.

I have suggested using another provider, but wanted to see (with this last
ditch effort) what else I should be researching before I say - there's
nothing else I can find other than what you are sending from is not liked
for some reason.

Thanks!
Jen