• Atro Tossavainen via mailop [2023-12-11 09:54]:
> > Inability to do external DNS lookups makes it impossible to monitor
> > for presence on their list.
>
> https://spam.fail/search?ip=127.0.0.2

Well, yeah, not really _impossible_, but I was referring to doing
monitoring based on DNS lookups, as is normal for DNS BL.

As they aren't providing an API either, I ended up doing doing HTTP GET
check and string matching, along the lines of

curl -s https://spam.fail/search?ip=foo|grep -q 'is not blacklisted'||echo foo
blacklisted

Also, Domeneshop confirmed they operate spam.fail as internal list and
that they indeed have blacklisted Hetzner ranges because "lack of abuse
handling":

<quote>
The IP belongs to Hetzner which have a full lack of abuse handling.
A broad range of IP addresses within the block the IP address you are
requesting about s constantly being abused to spam and scam campaigns,
and Hetzner does nothing about it.
</quote>

Their MX, their rules...