> On 11.12.2023 at 12:11 Kirill Miazine via mailop wrote:
>
> Also, Domeneshop confirmed they operate spam.fail as internal list and
> that they indeed have blacklisted Hetzner ranges because "lack of abuse
> handling":
>
> <quote>
> The IP belongs to Hetzner which have a full lack of abuse handling.
> A broad range of IP addresses within the block the IP address you are
> requesting about s constantly being abused to spam and scam campaigns,
> and Hetzner does nothing about it.
> </quote>
>
> Their MX, their rules...

While it‘s nice that they replied, their answer doesn’t really show any will to
solve the problem. In this regard it’s comparable to the meaningless
boilerplates you receive from Microsoft and the likes.

And to add a rant to that: I don’t have much sympathy for operators that are
trying to use their control over a MTA or DNSBL as some kind of extortion tool
or to put forward their own vendettas. Even if there are a lot of addresses in
that netblock that are sending spam, Domeneshop now officially knows that at
least one IP address does not (Kirills). It would be trivial to exclude it from
their blocking, yet they apparently decided to continue to blacklist the
server, to punish innocent bystanders, to prevent their own users from getting
legitimate messages which they are waiting for and to generate false positives
on full purpose. All this to push forward their own agenda in trying to force
another service provider to act in a way Domeneshop sees as appropriate.
For a private email server, I‘m all with „their MX, their rules“, but for a
company that offers mail services to customers I expect a little more
professionalism.

—
BR Oliver
________________________________

dmTECH GmbH
Am dm-Platz 1, 76227 Karlsruhe * Postfach 10 02 34, 76232 Karlsruhe
Telefon 0721 5592-2500 Telefax 0721 5592-2777
dmt...@dm.de<mailto:dmt...@dm.de> * www.dmTECH.de<http://www.dmtech.de>
GmbH: Sitz Karlsruhe, Registergericht Mannheim, HRB 104927
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Werner, Martin Dallmeier, Roman Melcher
Datenschutzrechtliche Informationen
Wenn Sie mit uns in Kontakt treten, beispielsweise wenn Sie an unser
ServiceCenter Fragen haben, bei uns einkaufen oder unser dialogicum in
Karlsruhe besuchen, mit uns in einer geschäftlichen Verbindung stehen oder sich
bei uns bewerben, verarbeiten wir personenbezogene Daten. Informationen unter
anderem zu den konkreten Datenverarbeitungen, Löschfristen, Ihren Rechten sowie
die Kontaktdaten unserer Datenschutzbeauftragten finden Sie
hier<https://www.dm.de/datenschutzerklaerung-kommunikation-mit-externen-493832>.