On 11.01.24 14:59, Udeme via mailop wrote:
> There’s a trademark ownership vetting item that’s part of BIMI implementation.
> Not just *anyone* can get past that. #wink

The trademark verification is only for those that pay for it. Nothing
forbids a MUA from displaying an unverified BIMI. Most are luckily not
doing it (yet), I just want to warn that if this becomes common, it will
be abused for sure. I don't think that the regular user will check if
the little extra lock is there on the icon. They'll see a version of the
paypal logo on the phish and have an extra feeling of safety.

Best,
Laurent