On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 8:46 AM Cyril - ImprovMX via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> Upon investigation, we discovered that indeed, checking the DKIM signature
> was failing because of a body mismatch. Digging further, we discovered that
> a dot was removed from the message when going through our servers.
>
> You're talking about 'dot stuffing'. When you receive a message via SMTP,
in the DATA section, if you receive a line that starts with a dot (and has
additional characters after that), you remove that first dot.

Then, when you send the message back out via SMTP, for lines that start
with a dot, you prepend a dot before sending the line on the wire.

I am pretty sure that Gmail respects all of this...

Mark