@Julien Bradfield:
I've initially shared the exact line in the code on what Aiosmtpd - not my
software - is doing, which it is saying is following the RFC by removing
the first character if it's a dot. I could share emails that went
through Aiosmtpd and another that didn't, which would only show that the
one that didn't still has a starting dot whereas the other doesn't. I don't
see what I can add on top of that. It seems clear, precise and detailed as
it includes references and links. If anything is missing, coud you please
ask clearly and precisely what do you expect more from it?

@John Levine <jo...@taugh.com>, I'm not sure which line you are mentioning,
the one I used from the RFC ("... If the first character is a period and
there are other characters on the line, the first character is deleted.")
does mention "deleted", not "inserted".